Last updated 23 August 2021
From 4pm Friday 20 August to 4pm Friday 27 August 2021, restrictions will be eased in the 11 local government areas in South East Queensland (Brisbane, Ipswich, Logan City, Moreton Bay, Redlands, Sunshine Coast, Gold Coast, Noosa, Somerset, Lockyer Valley and Scenic Rim).
From 4pm Friday 20 August 2021, restrictions for Cairns Regional Council and Yarrabah Aboriginal Shire Council will have the same restrictions as the rest of Queensland.
- Occupant density limits – 1 person per 2 square metres outdoors and 1 person per 4 square metres indoors.
- Collection of contact tracing information using the Check In Qld app.
- Regular and thorough cleaning for both indoor and outdoor events.
- Availability of hand washing facilities or hand sanitiser (indoor events).
Rest of Queensland
- No restrictions on outdoor events and community sport.
- Outdoor events with patron dancing must operate in accordance with a COVID Safe Event Checklist – the dance area must ensure there is no more than one person per two square metres and they must implement control measures to manage crowding.
Click one of the following tiles to be redirected: